In the 15th to 16th centuries, another structure was added which is characterized by its canopied window on the top floor. During the Renaissance, this room was the chambre of honour within the complex.
In the 17th century, the heir of the family entered the Jesuits, and in the year 1651, he donated all of his holdings to St. Ignatius order. A century later, with the expulsion of this order in 1767, the building apparently passed into royal hands. Afterwards, it belonged to different owners until it was acquired in the year 1985 by the Manacor Town Hall. At that time, the restoration workwhich would take three yearswas set in motion under the auspices of the Ponç Descoll Workshop and School of Restoration.
The Tower of Enagistes is a connecting link between manorial Majorcan and Catalan architecture. Its architectural structure is clearly defensive in the form of a closed edifice with a single door to the outside, called the portal exterior. It is arranged in a series of simple constructions that surround a central open space known as the clastra.
Architectural elements which show us the importance of this building are:
- The geminated windows
- The system of battlements and grated windows is the same arrangement that is used in the kings castles in Pollença and in the Castle of Capdepera.
- The rounded doorways with elements which toward the mid 14th century were already declining in use.
- The remains of the panelled wooden ceiling above the corbelling.
- The canopied window on the first floor.
- The projecting passage above the corbelling which leads to the grand lords apartments.
- The doorway with a pediment bearing the coat of arms of the Nunis and St. John from the end of the 16th or the beginning of the 17th century, which led to the in-house chapel.
- The writings and inscriptions which are found on many of the buildings walls.